- This event has passed.
How to be an Effective Manager
March 29 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Is your team performing to your level of expectations? Perhaps it’s time to evaluate your effectiveness as a manager.
Being an effective manager and leader is more than just giving directives to your teams and ensuring projects are completed on time. There is so much more to the role of an effective, successful manager and leader.
It’s about inspiring your team to care about what they do, so they will do their best work possible. It’s about providing them with the tools to be the best at what they do. It’s ensuring there is a ROI for both the employees and the company. The effective manager understands all this, and much more.
This class will cover the various traits, characteristics, and tools of an effective manager, returning them to their work environments ready to apply the techniques with their own teams.
Who should attend:
- Managers and supervisors at all levels, who want to improve their effectiveness as both managers and leaders
This interactive class will ensure you’ll walk away with:
- Ten Golden Rules of Effective Management
- Common pitfalls that derail your day and how to avoid them
- How to navigate difficult conversations
- How to create a culture of accountability that eliminates excuses and produces results
- Skills for clear, effective communication – including the importance of consistency and transparency
- Tools for gaining the trust of those you manage and lead
- Realistic goal-setting skills – for you and your team
- Understanding public reward and praise – letting employees know how much you appreciate the good work they do