Performance Management Basics
November 19 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$275.00
The HR Cycle Workshop Series
Workshop 5: Performance Management Basics
What is performance management and how do you create a performance management program that will be most effective for your company? That is the question we explore in this workshop. We discuss all the different types and styles of performance reviews, and how to manage the progress discipline and performance improvement process for your company, and what things have changed since the incorporation of new employment laws that HR professionals need to be aware of and apply.
After this 4-hour course you will walk away with:
- Best practices surrounding 30, 60, 90 day reviews including why they are recommended, what information to include, and writing orientation period extension letters
- An understanding of one-on-ones to establish an ongoing relationship with new employees including coaching and training performance issues and the importance of documenting one-on-one meetings
- Knowledge of annual performance reviews including how to choose the right review for your company culture and how to determine merit increases
- An understanding of progressive discipline and performance management
- Best practices around terminations including how to handle them and what you need to do to remain in compliance
Who should attend this workshop:
This workshop is designed for new HR professionals, however the topics covered are great reminders for HR professionals at all levels.
This workshop is part of our “The HR Cycle Workshop Series,” you are welcome to join us for only this workshop, or you can join us for the entire series. To learn more about the entire series, or to register for the whole series click here.
Want this training for a large group? Bring this workshop or any of our classes onsite for your team. Contact All Things HR to learn more.