- This event has passed.
Safety Committees – How to Know if You Need One
April 3 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Pre-Approved for 2 HRCI Credits & SHRM PDCs
Did you know that safety committees are required for employers who have 11 employees working together on the same shift and in the same location? And if you are an employer with less than 10 employees, then you are required to have Safety Committee meetings.
So what does a Safety Committee or meeting do? This class covers the requirements for a company Safety Committee or meeting. You’ll see examples of what types of topics should be discussed, as well as projects and action items the committee should assume; and type of goals and objectives the committee should establish, both long term and short term.
It’s a lot to do on your own. So why not join a class where you can quickly learn best practices share experiences?
Who should attend:
All those responsible for creating, implementing, and managing a safety committee program for their company:
- HR Professionals at all levels
- Managers at all levels, that want a basic overview and understanding of a safety committee program
You’ll walk away with:
- The definitions and requirements of both Safety Committees and Safety Meetings
- Knowledge of what to include on a Safety Committee Agenda and Safety Committee minutes
- The ability to identify which employees should be on a Safety Committee, and what are their duties and responsibilities should be
- An understanding of the ramifications for not having a Safety Committee or meeting in place