Things Every Manager Should Know About Fighting an L&I Claim
May 15 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am$75.00
L&I claims are part of doing business in Washington state. The key though, is knowing which claims to dispute and how to dispute them, thus keeping your L&I ratings as low as possible.
During this presentation we will explore:
- Early Intervention into claims management;
- How to respond to a notice of a claim/injury;
- Issue spotting suspect claims
- Understanding industrial insurance to avoid employer pitfalls and minimize financial liability;
- Implementing Return-to-Work programs and how they can benefit you and your employee;
- Creative problem solving trouble claims.
About our presenter:
Kristen Eshleman is an attorney at the Seattle office of Holmes Weddle & Barcott. She provides representation to state-fund and self-insured employers, as well as retrospective ratings groups under the Washington State Industrial Insurance Act, Washington Industrial Safety & Health Act, and Industrial Welfare. This includes representation through every stage of an LNI tax audit, business and personal liability defense regarding assessments imposed by LNI for unpaid tax premiums, defense against wage claims filed by employees, negotiations and litigation of safety violations resulting in WISHA citations issued by LNI, and creative problem solving concerning management and litigation of workers’ compensation claims. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Eshleman had a lifetime of experience in and around the construction trades by virtue of participation in her family’s general contracting business in Alaska.