- This event has passed.
Wednesday Morning HR
May 5, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 9:15 am
Common Mistakes and Issues Employers Face When Terminating Employees
Special Guest Bryan O’Connor, Seattle Office Managing Partner, Jackson Lewis P.C.
Who should attend: HR Professionals, Managers, Supervisors, Business Owners
Join the ATHR team Wednesday, May 5th , from 8 am – 9:15 am, for a free HR support webinar as we discuss Common Mistakes and Issues Employers Face When Terminating Employees (special guest Bryan O’Connor, Seattle Office Managing Partner, Jackson Lewis P.C.)
The topics we plan to discuss are:
- What are the most common reasons for employee terminations?
- What are the more common mistakes you see employers make when it comes to employee termination?
- What things should employers think through/consider prior to making the decision to terminate?
- What specific steps would you recommend employers take when considering terminating an employee?
- How important is documentation when it comes to disciplining and terminating an employee?
- What is client/attorney privilege; why is it important?
- When should an employer consider having an attorney as part of a conversation?
Other possible topics to discuss:
- Must the reasons for termination be in writing?
- What does it mean if the employee wants the reasons reduced to writing?
- What does it mean if the employee wants a copy of his/her personnel file after being terminated?
- What is spoliation and why it is important for employers to avoid it.
Not knowing how many attendees we will have on the webinar, the more pre-submitted questions will be greatly appreciated in helping us prepare for the webinar. Our hope is that you will have a few more tools to add to your tool kit to help get you through all “All Things HR!” You can submit your questions beforehand to email@example.com.
We look forward to having you join us for this discussion!